Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Today is Jan 5th 2010 - what a year this will be


Since this is my very first post on my very first blog, I'm going to write about who I am and what I've experienced and then I will get to how I'm dealing with it.


I am a survivor of extreme sexual abuse. From the time I was 9 years old until almost 12 years old, I was raped repeatedly by a priest. This trauma turned this child's life into a very dark place and created many dysfunctions that grew with me as I grew into adulthood. For more complete information on me, visit my web site at www.marshasweb.com. Please be aware if you are a survivor of abuse, it may trigger you. If you are in a good emotional space, you should be all right. If you suspect you are not in a good emotional space, please discuss visiting sites such as mine with your therapist first.


I have worked through sexual dysfunction, extremely poor self-image issues, some really messed up relationship issues, and so many more I think I'll just let them come out in their own time on this blog. I intend to be as honest as I am capable of being. This blog is not going to be private at this point so be aware of that and understand you will not be judged no matter what you write. All I ask is that you be kind to both myself and other bloggers on this site...and most of all be kind to yourself. If you are a survivor, your survival can help others.


That's all for now - I have to get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment